Directorate of Internal Quality Assurance :-
- To become a nodal centre for ushering in an era of Total Quality Management by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality of the university and its affiliated colleges.
- To assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and society in general-of the accountability of the institutions for their own quality and probity.
- To evolve mechanisms and procedures in the university for ensuring:
- a) Economic and socio-political relevance of academic programmes, research programmes and consultancy projects undertaken in the university and other institutions of higher education in the region.
- b) Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of the society.
- To develop and enrich the intellectual capital of the university affiliated colleges and other organisations of the region.